PCTI in its admissions, instruction, and graduation policies, practices no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, financial status, gender, ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. PCTI is an equal opportunity education facility that believes that diversity leads to strength and places high value on training for all regardless of age, race, gender, ethnic origin, disability, or religion.
PCTI may not recruit students that are currently attending or admitted to another school offering a similar program of study. A person is eligible for regular entry into PCTI if the student meets any of the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Age will be verified with individual’s ID. If no ID is available, then a birth certificate, passport, or additional form of ID will be required.
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate, high school equivalency certificate, or high school transcript showing a graduation date,or if unable to obtain a copy, complete a high school diploma self-certification form. High school diplomas and/or transcripts from other countries are acceptable toward the student eligibility general requirement as long as the diploma is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. Foreign credentials will be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine student eligibility.
- Provide documented completion of an officially recognized home school or private school program. The State of Texas considers the successful completion of a home school education to be equivalent to graduation from a public high school, therefore this institution is required to treat a home school graduate to the same general standards as other applicants for admission.
- Documented completion of one full-time academic semester at an accredited college, university, or post-secondary school.
- Have the required passing scores on an ability to benefit test and documented enrollment in a post-secondary institution prior to July 1, 2012.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a valid driver’s license or State issued photo ID, and valid social security number.
- Must make financial arrangements with the financial aid office regarding the FAFSA application, scholarships and/or cash payment plan prior to enrolling.
- Applicants for admission to the ESL program must meet the institutional admissions requirements. In addition, applicants for the ESL program must also demonstrate that they possess a job skill, prior to being admitted, by providing documentation of credentials such as job experience, test scores, or verification of skill competencies by a third party. Applicants who do not possess a previous occupation, skill, or work history are not eligible for Title IV Federal Student Assistance. ESL Program applicants must also complete an ESL Qualification Profile.
Each potential student is required to undergo a personal admissions interview conducted by an admissions representative or another designated PCTI representative prior to acceptance into any program. The interview is designed to provide information to the student regarding PCTI, to answer any questions the student may have, to discuss the career goals, expectations, and special needs of each student, and to communicate the admissions policies and to assist them in the preparation of an admissions application. Each individual application will be reviewed by an admissions representative, and the student will be notified immediately of any rejection.
Once accepted to the program, a student must complete an Enrollment Agreement, provide a copy of their social security card, driver’s license, or valid State issued photo ID and complete all necessary paperwork.